Apple-Coffee Walnut Bars
How to do it:
1. Combine flour, salt and sugar in a bowl.
2. Rub Bakels Margarine Special onto the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Set aside about 30g of the mixture and add Bakels Baking Powder to the rest. Mix well.
4. Combine eggs, Apito Expresso Paste and evaporated milk and add into the mixture.
5. Add Frutojam Gourmet Apple and 50g of walnuts. Mix until well-incorporated.
6. Drop 1 tablespoonful of the mixture onto each slot in the pan. Spread 30g Frutojam Gourmet Apple and top with another tablespoonful of the mixture.
7. Mix the remaining walnuts with the reserved crumbs and use it for topping.
8. Bake at 180°C.
Yield: 6 bars x 110g batter
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City