Butter Croissants (Buffet / Low End)
How to do it:
1. Choose a room with a temperature below 25C.
2. Day 1. Combine all the dough ingredients except for the cubed Dairy Blend & food color and knead for 1 minutes, at low speed.
3. Put the dairy blend and knead for 3-4 minutes at low speed.
4. Scale 830g/ pc and French fold.
5. Rest for 6 minutes. Wrap individually and freeze overnight.
6. Add black food color to the remaining 240g detrempe. Knead till you get a solid black color. Divide into 2, wrap and freeze overnight.
7. Day 2. Prepare the cold dairy blend on a wax paper.
8. Cover with another paper and pound butter until 19x19cm. Freeze.
9. Prepare your paton.
10. Lock in the butter and sheet. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
11. Single fold and laminate. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
12. Double book fold and laminate. Rest in fridge overnight.
13. Day 3. Single fold and laminate. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
14. Final Lamination (7mm). Cut & roll into a croissant shape.
Yield: 17 pieces