Caramel Layer Cake
How to do it:
1. Whisk Pettina Sponge Mix Complete, eggs and water for 5 minutes on high speed.
2. Fold-in melted butter. Add in toffee bits.
3. Deposit in greased and lined pans.
4. Bake at 180°C
1. Combine brown sugar and milk in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil then cover and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Remove the lid and continue to boil, without stirring until mixture reaches 113ºC on a sugar thermometer.
4. Remove pan from heat and add butter, but do not stir. Let cool until lukewarm then stir until smooth & creamy. Set aside.
5. Whisk Bakels Whipping Cream for 1 minute on high speed.
6. Gradually add the caramel mixture and continue mixing.
1. Cover cake with frosting.
2. Sprinkle top with almonds
Yield: 1 x 8-inch round cake
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City