Cereal Cranberry Bites
How to do it:
1. Combine all purpose flour, Bakels Cereal & Honey Bread Concentrate, sugar, and Bakels Instant Yeast in a mixing bowl. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add cold water. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add Bakels Shortening and mix on high speed for 4 minutes or until partially developed.
4. Rest dough in the refrigerator for 20 minutes while covered with plastic.
5. Incorporate the layering fat using the French method.
6. Give the dough a total of three (single) folds. Allow a 30-minute rest between folds.
7. After the last fold, allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes before the final sheeting.
8. Sheet to a final thickness of 4mm. Cut into 2.25”x2.25” squares.
9. Place the laminated dough squares in 1oz. cupcake tins.
10. Proof for 15-20 minutes.
11. Remove from the proofer and apply egg wash.
12. Place approximately 2.5g mozzarella cheese cube, 11.7g Les Fruits Cranberry 50% and 0.04g dried rosemary in each dough.
13. Bake at 220°C for 25-30 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
14. Serve hot.
Yield: 57 pieces x 17.8g (average weight per piece)