How to do it:
1. Combine all the ingredients in Group 1 except for Bakels Shortening and Bakels Margarine. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
2. Add Bakels Shortening and Bakels Margarine. Mix on high speed for 5 minutes or until dough is developed.
3. Scale to 100g. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Flatten and roll the dough in “baston” style. Rest for 1 hour. Cut into 10-g pieces using a wooden dough cutter.
5. Brush each dough with water and roll in the prepared topping. Brush again with some water and roll in the prepared topping. Place dough pieces on greased flat sheets.
6. Proof and bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
7. Immediately remove from pan and let cool.
1. Manually combine all the ingredients in Group 2 until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
Note: Egg yellow color may be added to the dough recipe at 0.2% based on total flour weight.
Yield: 45 piece x 10g