How to do it:
1. Sift together the powedered sugar and Bakels Alkalized Cocoa Powder. Set aside.
2. Whisk egg whites, cream of tartar and refined white sugar on high speed until medium peaks form.
3. Fold in the sifted powdered sugar and cocoa powder until homogenous.
4. Prepare silpat-lined flat sheets.
5. Place meringue in a piping bag with a round tip, pipe the meringue into 3 x 7-inch round disks and pipe logs about 6 inches long and ½-inch thick.
6. Bake at 100°C for 2-3 hours or until dry and crispy.
1. Whisk Whip Brite and cold water on high speed for 5 mins. Set aside.
2. Melt Fino Dark Chocolate Buttons with butter in a double boiler.
3. Add Bakels Alkalized Cocoa Powder and mix until smooth.
4. Pour melted chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and fold until well combined.
1. Place the chocolate meringue disk on a cake board.
2. Using a pastry bag with a round pastry tip, fill the ring with a layer of concord cream.
3. Place the next layer of chocolate meringue disk on top of the cream.
4. Add another layer of concord cream.
5. Repeat steps 3-4.
6. Smooth and level the top of the cake.
7. Cover the sides of the cake with the remaining concord cream.
8. Arrange the chocolate meringue logs vertically around the side of the cake, lightly pressing into the chocolate cream.
9. Cove the top of the cake with broken meringue pieces mounding in the center.
10. Dust the top with powdered sugar or Bakels Alkalized Cocoa Powder.
Yield: 1 cake x 7 inches diameter
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City