How to do it:
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Using a paddle, mix on low speed for 20 seconds or until well-combined.’
3. Place mixture on a flat sheet lined with a silicone mat. Spread the mixture until ¼” thick.
4. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until done.
5. Cool and crumble into chunks.
1. Place the crumbled oat cookie in a food processor.
2. Using the sharp blade attachment, pulse the crumbled oat cookie until it is broken down into small, uniform pieces.
3. Pour into a bowl and add melted butter.
4. Press the mixture onto a greased 7” pie pan. Ensure that the bottom and sides of the pan are covered.
5. Set aside.
1. Combine refined sugar, brown sugar, salt, and skimmed milk powder in a mixing bowl.
2. Add melted butter and mix using a paddle on very low speed.
3. Add heavy cream and Brite Vanilla Extra Strength while mixing on very low speed. Just mix until the white traces of the heavy cream disappear.
4. Add egg yolks gradually while mixing on very low speed. Just mix until the egg yolks are incorporated. Be careful NOT to aerate the mixture.
5. Pour the filling onto the prepared crust.
6. Bake at 150°C for 60 minutes. Stop baking when the filling is already very light brown on top and the filling is just starting to puff up. It will still be jiggly at the center.
7. Cool down to room temperature and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours, better if overnight.
8. Thaw the pie in the chiller before serving. A dusting of powdered sugar may be added just before serving, if desired.
Yield: 1 x 7” pie