How to do it:
1. Melt sugar in a 9” square pan over low heat. Make sure that the bottom of the pan is completely covered with melted sugar. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. Combine flan ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend on medium speed for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture and pour into the pan with caramelized sugar. Set aside.
3. Place all sponge ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whip on low speed for 2 minutes.
4. Shift to medium speed and mix for 2 minutes.
5. Continue mixing for another 2 minutes on low speed.
6. Deposit batter into pan with caramelized sugar and flan mixture. Place the pan in a jellyroll pan filled with water.
7. Bake at 180ºC for 30 minutes.
Yield: 1 x 9” square pan
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City