Dark Cherry Hazelnut Pie
How to do it:
1. Sift Bakels Sweet Dough Blend and all purpose flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Add diced unsalted butter.
3. Cut unsalted butter into flour mixture until fat particles are pea-sized.
4. Add cold water to flour mixture. Mix very gently, just until water is absorbed.
5. Slightly knead the dough. Do not overknead.
6. Form dough into a ball and cover with plastic film. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. Dust the work bench with flour and roll out the dough to 3mm thickness. Avoid too much dusting flour.
8. Cut the right size of the dough by using the 18-cm ring mold. Place the dough inside the ring mold and weigh it down with mongo beans.
9. Bake at 180° for 20-25 minutes.
1. Combine Bakels Bake-Stable Custard Mix and cold water in a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk on high speed for 3 minutes.
3. Fold in Bakels Hazelnut Truffle.
Dark cherry disc:
1. Combine Saphire Neutral and water in a saucepan. Heat until it boils.
2. Combine the Saphire solution and Les Fruits Dark Cherry 50% and mix until well-incorporated.
3. Deposit in a 15-cm ring mold and freeze until set.
1. Pipe hazelnut custard on the prepared crust. Leave about a half-inch border.
2. Top the custard with frozen dark cherry disc.
3. Sprinkle toasted and chopped hazelnuts on top.
4. Decorate the edges with fresh raspberries. Brush these with Diamond Glaze Neutral.
Yield: 2 pies x 20 cm diameter