Fantasy Sponge Bars
How to do it:
1. Combine whole eggs, Ovalett and sugar in a mixing bowl, mix on low speed for 1 minute.
2. Add third class flour, cornstarch and Bakels Baking Powder, shift to high speed and continue mixing for 4 minutes while adding water.
3. Divide batter into two, add Apito Expresso Paste in first half and Apito Strawberry Paste in the other half. Place in piping bag.
4. Pipe batter in a well-greased standard jelly roll pan as desired.
5. Bake at 180°C for 15-18 minutes.
6. Immediately remove from pan and place in a clean cloth or brown paper dusted with flour or sugar.
7. Cool. Cut into half.
8. Spread filling on top of the first half.
9. Put the remaining half on top of sponge with filling.
11. Pack individually.
1. Using a paddle, mix Bakels Whipping Cream on low speed for 1 minute.
2. Gradually add water while mixing on high speed for 1 minute.
3. Add softened butter, whip on high speed for 3 minutes.
Yield: 1 jelly roll ( 12 bars x 80 grams)
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City