Flourless Chocolate Peppermint Cake
How to do it:
1. Place whole eggs (in their shells) in a bowl filled with hot water for 10 minutes.
2. Melt Fino Dark Chocolate Buttons and butter using a double boiler. Cool at room temperature, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Add Apito Peppermint Paste.
3. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, whip at high speed for 5 minutes or until triple in volume, pale yellow, light and spongy, and thick enough to hold a very soft peak.
4. Add ¼ of the egg mixture to the cooled chocolate. Gently combine by hand using a whisk, just to lighten the chocolate mixture. Add the remaining eggs and fold them in with a large rubber spatula.
5. Deposit into a greased 8” round pan. Place the pan into a larger pan filled with 1” hot water.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool. Refrigerate.
7. Decorate as desired. Refrigerate before serving.
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City