Fried Butter Cookies
How to do it:
1. Combine sifted flour, Bakels Baking Powder, sugar and salt in a bowl. Mix lightly using a fork.
2. Add Balec solution and milk, followed by Butta Butteroil Substitute. Knead until smooth.
3. Divide into 4 parts. Roll each into long strips (half inch in diameter), cut the strips crosswise at about ½ to ¾ inch thick. Press using the back of a fork and roll out tight into shell shapes.
4. Deep-fry in very hot cooking oil. While still hot, dredge in powdered sugar or coat with sugar syrup.
5. Cool and store in jars and plastics.
1. Place sugar in a saucepan. Add water and stir. Let simmer for about 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
2. Coat cookies.
Yield: 93 pieces x 4g (dough weight)
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City