Gianduja Paris Brest
How to do it:
1. Bring water, salt, sugar and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and cook. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
2. Pipe two circles of pastry dough next to each other. Pipe another circle overlapping the first two.
3. For the craquelin: cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Then pour in flour.
4. Transfer to a working surface and fraiser. Place plastic wrap on top and roll out the craquelin.
5. Bake at 390°F (200°C) for about 30 minutes or until puffed.
6. For the Praline: mix the sugar and water in a pot. Add the chopped toasted nuts and crystallize the syrup.
7. Add in Bakels Dairy Blend and orange zest. Pour into tray and let it cool.
8. For the Gianduja Diplomat: put the milk and custard mix in the bowl and paddle mix till smooth and even. Add the gianduja, hazelnut truffle, vanilla and a portion of ground praline. Pour in cold cream and mix for 1 minute till fluffy and fold the soybean paste.
Yield: 24 pieces