Gluten-Free Hot Cross Buns
How to do it:
1. Sift together Bakels Gluten-Free Health Bread Mix, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Add chopped butter and blend on low speed for 1 minute using a paddle.
3. Add sugar and Bakels Instant Active Dry Yeast. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
4. Gradually add eggs and water.
5. Mix for 4 minutes on medium speed.
6. Fold in raisins. Deposit 80g in well-greased pastel tins.
7. Proof for 45 minutes.
8. Bake at 200°C for 10-12 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and immediately brush with evaporated or fresh milk.
10. Combine powdered sugar and hot water. Pipe crosses over warm buns using the sugar mixture.
Yield: 14 buns x 80g