Honeycomb Crunch Cake
How to do it:
1. Place Bakels Mamon Mix, eggs, Brite Vanilla Extra Strength and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix using wire whisk for 10 minutes at high speed.
3. Scrape down and fold in cooking oil.
4. Deposit into lined round 8” diameter pan.
5. Bake at 180°C for 50 minutes or until done.
6. Remove from pan immediately after baking.
1. In a saucepan, stir water, refined sugar and light corn syrup together.
2. Clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the pan. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil without stirring. Using a pastry brush dipped in water, brush down the sides of the pan to remove undissolved sugar granules.
3. Continue cooking until the sugar mixture reaches 310°F on the candy thermometer (hard crack stage) then remove from heat.
4. Immediately add the baking soda all at once to the sugar mixture and whisk for a few seconds until the baking soda is incorporated. (The liquid will bubble up and become foamy).
5. Pour into a lined jellyroll pan, allow to spread. Let it harden for 20 minutes without touching or moving the pan.
6. Cut the honeycomb into uneven pieces. Store in an airtight container before use.
1. Melt refined sugar in a saucepan over low heat.
2. When sugar is melted, add water. Heat until sugar is dissolved and liquid becomes slightly thick.
1. Whip Bakels Whipped Topping on high speed for 3 minutes.
2. Add chilled all purpose cream and whip on high speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add Butta Vanilla Essence and condensed milk. Whip until well blended.
1. Cut cooled cake into three (3) layers.
2. Brush the bottom and middle layer with sugar syrup, spread icing and sprinkle with crushed honeycomb.
3. Assemble cake and cover with remaining icing. Decorate as desired.
Yield: 1 round cake (8 slices)