How to do it:
1. Blend all purpose flour, powdered sugar and melted butter until homogeneous. Press onto the bottom of a greased 8”x12”x1” pan.
2. Bake at 175°C for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Whip eggs until light, approximately 3 minutes on high speed. Combine sugar, Bakels Cake Concentrate lemon rind (optional) and remaining all purpose flour. Fold into the eggs.
4. Combine Apito Lemon Paste, lemon juice and water then fold into the mixture. Pour over prepared crust and bake at 175°C for 45 minutes or until bars are set.
5. Allow to cool then dust with confectioner’s sugar. Cut into bars.
Yield: 1 pan x 8” x 12”x 1” (24 pieces – 2” x 2”)