Lemon Whoopie Pie
How to do it:
1. Combine Bakels Muffin Mix, Bakels Shortening and glucose in a mixing bowl. Using a paddle, mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add water and eggs. Shift to medium speed and mix for 3 minutes. Scrape down.
3. Mix further for 1 minute.
4. Fold in Apito Lemon Paste and chopped almonds.
5. Drop 1 teaspoonful of the batter onto a greased flat tray.
6. Bake at 190°C for 12-15 minutes.
7. Cool and apply filling in between two pieces of whoopie pie.
1. Combine Whip Brite, water and Apito Orange Paste in a mixing bowl.
2. Whip on high speed for 5 minutes.
3. Fold in chopped almonds.
Yield: 28 sandwiches x 15g