Les Fruits de Creme
How to do it:
1. For the batter portion, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand.
2. In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar.
3. Gradually add sugar while mixing on high speed until medium peaks form
4. Fold batter portion into foam portion.
5. Pour batter into a 6” round pan with greased and lined bottom. Make sure that the sides are ungreased.
6. Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until done.
1. Place Bakels Pavlova Mix and water in a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk for 2 minutes at high speed.
3. Gradually add sugar and mix for another 2 minutes until stiff peaks form.
4. Transfer into a piping bag and pipe on greased and lined baking sheet, using a 6-inch round cake ring as guide.
5. Bake at 160°C for 40-50 minutes or until light brown in color.
6. Cool completely.
1. Combine condensed milk and egg yolks in a sauce pan, and cook on low heat.
2. Add vanilla, and continue cooking until consistency thickens.
3. Add butter, and mix until well incorporated.
4. Set aside.
1. Combine Saphire Neutral and water in a sauce pan, and heat until completely dissolved. Set aside.
2. Pipe 5g each of Les Fruits Kiwi, Les Frutis Pomegranate and Les Fruits Dark Cherry in a mold.
3. Pour in 10g each of Saphire Neutral to create small gelatinized fruits.
4. Cool to set.
1. Cut chiffon cake horizontally to make two layers.
2. Put one layer on a cake board. Pipe custard filling on top of the first layer.
3. Place the meringue on top. Pipe more custard filling on top of the meringue.
4. Place second chiffon layer on top.
5. Arrange fruit cocktail and gelatinized Les Fruits on the topmost layer. Cover completely with remaining Saphire Neutral.
6. Cool and set aside until set.
Yield: 2 x 6-inch round cakes