Macapuno/Ube Bake Roll
How to do it:
1. Place all the ingredients except for Bakels Margarine Special and Bakels Shortening in the mixing bowl and mix at slow speed for 2 minutes.
2. Add Bakels Margarine Special and Bakels Shortening and mix on high speed for 5 minutes.
3. Rest dough for one hour.
4. Punch down then scale (40g) and round.
5. Allow to recover for 10 minutes.
6. Dip dough in water then in desiccated coconut.
7. Using the tip of a beer/soda bottle, press down the middle of each dough to create a hole in the center. Set aside excess dough.
8. Place macapuno/ube in the center of the dough.
9. Proof for 1 hour.
10. Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
For excess dough: COCO NUGGETS
1. Dip excess dough in desiccated coconut and refined sugar.
2. Proof for one hour.
3. Bake at 180°C for 7-10 minutes.
Yield: 50 rolls & 50 nuggets