Mixed Berries Entremet
How to do it:
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites and cream of Tartar.
2. When the mixture becomes foamy or bubbly, gradually add the sugar.
3. Whisk until stiff peak.
4. Line a tray with wax paper or use a silicone mat.
5. Pipe the mixture and form a disc at 6”.
6. Bake at 130°C for an hour. Set aside.
1. In a mixing bowl, place the Pettina Sponge mix, eggs and water. Mix on high speed for 5-10 minutes.
2. Fold in melted World Compound Butter.
3. Deposit in a 6” ring mold or cake pan.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180°C.
1. Bring water to a boil and add the Les Fruit Strawberry and Les Fruit Blueberry in their respective pots.
2. Add bloomed and melted gelatin in their respective pots and mix until well combined.
3. Fill in two 6” ring molds with their respective flavors.
4. Put in a blast freezer or in the freezer for an hour or until set. Set aside.
1. In a pot, heat the cream. Once it starts to boil, add half of the sugar. Using a wire whisk, mix the mixture.
2. Add the bloomed and melted gelatin and the remaining sugar. Remove from the heat and mix until cool at 35°C.
3. Add the Apito Strawberry Paste. Set aside.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, combine Whip Brite and cold water. Using a wire whisk, whip on high speed for 3-5 minutes.
5. Fold the whipped cream and the cream mixture. Set aside.
1. In a 6” ring mold, put the Meringue disk at the bottom.
2. Pour 1/3 of the mousse until the meringue is fully covered.
3. Layer the Blueberry Jelly and the sponge.
4. Pour the second 1/3 of the mousse until the jelly and sponge are fully covered.
5. Layer the Strawberry Jelly over the mousse.
6. Evenly cover the jelly with the remaining mousse until it reaches the tip of the mold.
7. Put inside the blast freezer or freezer until the mousse is set.
8. Glaze and garnish if desired.
Yield: 1 x 6” round cake