Moist Cheesy Cake
How to do it:
1. Cream butter and cream cheese and set aside.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk Whip Brite and water on high speed for 5 minutes then add to the cream cheese-butter mixture.
3. Mix in the cake flour, Bakels Cake Concentrate, egg yolks and sugar.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Add the sugar and whisk until soft peak.
5. Gradually add the cream-flour mixture to the egg white mixture. Mix very gently to avoid losing the airiness. Add Apito Lemon Paste.
6. Deposit batter in a greased and lined pan.
7. Put the baking pan in a rectangular dish to make a bain-marie. Fill the rectangular dish with enough water such that the baking pan starts to float and then add some more water in the dish.
8. Bake at 160°C for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the cake sets.
Yield: 1 x 8 inch round cake