Mushroom & Country Herb Fettuccine
How to do it:
Country Herb Fettuccine:
1. Mix all purpose flour and Bakels Country Herb Base at 1st speed for 1 minute using a hook.
2. Add eggs and water, mix for 2 minutes at low speed.
3. Add olive oil and mix for 3 minutes at high speed.
4. Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
5. Divide into 3 and roll into even thin sheets using a pasta machine or by hand with a rolling pin.
6. Rest for 5 minutes. Trim as fettuccine.
7. Boil water with salt and oil in a large pan and cook fettuccine in batches for 1 minute.
To prepare sauce:
1. Melt butter in saucepan.
2. Add mushrooms.
3. Stir in all purpose flour, garlic salt powder and ground nutmeg cook for ½ minute then slowly add milk.
4. Cook, stir until thickened into a smooth sauce.
5. Prepare pasta for baking by putting it in a square pan. Pour mushroom sauce and top with grated mozzarella cheese. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 180°C for 35 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings