Pain au Chocolat
How to do it:
1. Choose a room with a temperature below 25°C.
2. Day 1. Combine all the dough ingredients except for the cubed Dairy Blend & food color and knead for 1 minutes, at low speed.
3. Put the dairy blend and knead for 3-4 minutes at low speed.
4. Scale 830g/piece and French fold.
5. Rest for 6 minutes. Wrap individually and freeze overnight.
6. Add black food color to the remaining 240g detrempe. Knead till you get a solid black color. Divide into 2, wrap and freeze overnight.
7. Day 2. Prepare the cold dairy blend on a wax paper.
8. Cover with another paper and pound butter until 19 x 19 cm. Freeze.
9. Prepare your paton.
10. Lock in the butter and sheet. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
11. Single fold and laminate. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
12. Double book fold and laminate. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
13. Brush with egg wash & Lay in the colored detrempe.
14. Single fold and laminate. Rest in fridge for 40 minutes.
15. Final Lamination (6mm). Cut, apply the 2 dark chocolate sticks in every dough & roll into a log shape.
16. Dry proof and bake at 185°C for 28-35 minutes.
Yield: 15 pieces