Pan de Lechon
How to do it:
1. Soak Fino Grain Base in some dough water for 5 minutes.
2. Combine flour, Bakels Instant Yeast, molasses, sugar, salt and Lecitex. Set aside.
3. Combine the remaining dough water with flour mixture. Add in the soaked Fino Grain
4. Mix for 2 mins at low speed then add Bakels Shortening.
5. Continue mixing at high speed for 5mins or until dough is developed.
6. Rest dough for 10mins.
7. Scale into 600g pieces and mold into lechon shape.
8. Proof and bake at 180°C for 30 mins.
a. Form dough into a thick baston.
b. Cut one end of the dough in the middle.
c. Cut a portion of dough on the other end to form a snout.
d. Place raisins to form as eyes.
e. Cut a portion of the dough above the raisins to form ears.
f. Roll a small dough into a thin baston and twist to form a tail.
Yield: 3 x 600 grams