Philippine Lime & Cheese Cremeux
How to do it:
1. Using wire whisk, mix on low speed for 30 sec.
2. Shift to high speed and mix for 8 minutes.
3. Shift to low speed and mix for 30 sec.
4. Pour batter in a well-greased and lined jelly roll.
5. Bake at 180°C for 30-40 minutes.
6. Cool down and cut.
7. For the Cremeux, Beat the whipping cream till fluffy and set aside. Cream the cream cheese with half of the icing sugar till fluffy. Next, put the eggyolk and half of the icing sugar in a double boiler. Whisk until pasteurized (60C). Transfer to a clean mixing bowl and foam using whisk attachment.
8. Combine the pasteurized egg yolk, fluffy cream cheese & whipping cream. Whisk in high speed until firm. Fold the triple sec and zest. Set aside.
9. For the Syrup, boil the water and sugar. Turn off the heat and put the calamansi juice and triple sec. Cool down.
10. For the Limecello, Dissolve the gelatin mass in the hot calamansi concentrate. Pour in a microwavable bowl till set. Slice in cubes.
1. In a dessert glass, put the sliced limecello.
2. Pipe with Calamansi & Cheese Cremeux, topped with soaked citrus sponge, then another cremeux followed by soaked sponge and finally with the final Cremeux until the glass is full. Decorate.