How to do it:
1. Combine all dry ingredients except Butta Butteroil Substitute and Bakels Shortening. Blend in mixer for 30 seconds.
2. Add water and whole eggs. Mix on slow speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add Bakels Shortening and Butta Butteroil Substitute. Continue mixing on high speed until developed.
4. Rest dough for 10 minutes.
5. Cut to desired weight. Round and rest for another 10-15 minutes.
6. Mold as desired.
8. Bake at 180°C.
Variant 1: Apple-Raisin Roll
1. Flatten the 200g dough ball in a rectangular manner at ¼” thick.
2. Combine Les Fruits Apple, brown sugar, all purpose flour for filling.
3. Spread evenly on the flattened dough.
4. Spread raisin on top of the Les Fruits filling.
5. Fold the rectangular dough in 3 portions as shown in the picture.
6. Press lightly to tighten the dough.
7. Score the dough crosswise. Make sure it cuts through the filled dough.
8. Brush with egg wash.
9. Place Les Fruits mixture on top of the dough in a lengthwise manner.
10. Proof until ready.
11. Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or until done.
Variant 2: Fruity Strawberry Scroll
1. Flatten the dough ball at ¼” thick in a rectangular manner.
2. Spread evenly Les Fruits Strawberry mixture.
3. Roll up the dough on both ends, making a scroll. Leave a gap on the middle of the two formed doughs.
4. Place dough into a greased flat sheet face down.
5. Brush with egg wash.
6. Proof and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or until done.
7. Dress up the bread after cooling. Brush the top with mixture of powdered sugar and water. Top with roasted almonds.
Variant 3: Choco Logs
1. Using a rolling pin, flatten 250g dough in a rectangular manner at about ¼” thick.
2. Spread 80g black bean paste or 60g peanut butter and roll up the dough. (do not roll tightly to avoid oven spring)
3. Proof until ready.
4. Brush with egg wash (1:1:1, yolk: evaporated milk: whole egg). Deposit into a greased flat sheet.
5. Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until done.
7. Top with Bakels Chocolate Truffle and/or Bakels White Truffle, peanut butter or crushed nuts.
Variant 4: Custard Peach Roll
1. Flatten 60g dough into oblong shape about 1/8” thick (do not apply too much pressure to avoid making the dough too thin).
2. Make a slit on the center of the dough.
3. Place about 10g of custard at the center of the dough.
4 Place a slice of peach on top of the custard.
5. Proof until ready.
6. Brush with egg wash.
7. Bake at 180°C until golden brown.
Variant 5: Ham and Peas Roll
1. Flatten 60g dough.
2. Place a slice of cheese (individually sliced cheddar) on top of the flattened dough.
3. Fold the dough into three layers.
4 .Attach the two ends of the dough then cut lengthwise leaving 1/3 uncut portion.
5. Open the cut portion exposing the cheese filling.
6. Proof until ready.
7. Brush with egg wash.
8. Top with ham and green peas mixture.
9. Bake at 180°C until golden brown.
1. Chop the ham into small pieces.
2. Mix all ingredients except mayonnaise.
3. Bake the filling for 5 minutes at 180°C.
4. Add the mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
Yield: 2 x 250g dough and 27 x 60g dough