How to do it:
1. Combine bread flour, water, and Bakels Instant Active Dry Yeast in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix using a dough hook at 1st speed for 1 minute.
3. Shift to 4th speed and continue mixing for 2 minutes.
4. Get temperature. Desired temperature is 24°C.
5. Transfer into a pail and cover. Leave to ferment at room temperature for 60 minutes.
6. Store in the refrigerator at 5°C.
7. The prepared poolish can be stored for up to 48 hours.
1. Combine bread flour, water, polish, and Bakels Instant Active Dry Yeast in a spiral mixer. Mix on low speed for 10-12 minutes. Check dough development.
2. Add salt when the dough already produces a thin film when stretched.
3. Mix on high speed for 4-6 minutes. Make sure to add Bakels Country Herb Base after the first three minutes of mixing. Check dough development.
4. Place dough in a large, oiled rectangular pan and rest for 75 minutes.
5. Scale to 360g. Round and mold into a long shape. Rest on bench for 10 minutes.
6. Transfer dough pieces onto an ungreased flat tray lined with wax paper. Dust wax paper with bread flour. Rest dough for 65 minutes at room temperature.
7. Bake with steam at 250°C for 10 minutes.
8. Open the damper and reduce the temperature to 230°C. Continue baking for 25 minutes.
Yield: 9 x 360g dough