How to do it:
1. Mix all purpose flour, salt, Bakels Instant Yeast, water, evaporated milk, egg yolk, Dobrim Nobro and Monofresh in a spiral mixer for 2 minutes.
2. Add Bakels Shortening and Butta Butteroil Substitute then continue mixing until full dough development.
3. Rest for 15 minutes.
4. Lightly oil 7 cm ring molds. Place 50 g dough for each mold. Place them in a baking tray and proof for about 1 hour or until the dough has risen just to the top of the molds.
5. Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes. Cool for a few minutes then turn out and leave to cool on a wire rack.
1. Heat the honey and water together in a small pan for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir-in the rhum.
2. Dip each baba into the hot syrup and leave to cool.
Note: If you have difficulty getting the babas out of their tins, soak them with the syrup first.
Yield: 40 x 50-g dough