How to do it:
1. Grease and flour 2 jelly roll pans. Set aside.
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar, add sugar gradually. Whip until stiff.
3. Fold in nuts and flavoring.
4. Spread the meringue in one of the prepared jelly roll pans, leaving an allowance of approximately 1 inch from the sides.
5. Bake at 150-175°C for 20 minutes or until brown.
6. Remove from oven. Loosen the wafer and invert into a greased and floured jelly roll pan.
7. Place back in the oven for further baking. Approximately 5-10 minutes for a crispier wafer. Let cool. Divide into 3 equal pieces.
8. When cooled, spread filling on top of first wafer layer. Garnish with chopped nuts before placing second layer. Repeat procedure and freeze.
1. Boil sugar and water to soft ball stage.
2. Add to beaten egg yolks.
3. Beat until syrup is properly blended.
4. Cool. NOTE: Mixture should be thoroughly cooled before use.
5. Cream butter until light and fluffy.
6. Gradually add cooled syrup until well blended. Add desired flavor.
Yield: 1 cake
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City