Single Serve Mousse Cakes
How to do it:
1. Whisk Pettina Sponge Mix Complete, eggs and water for 5 minutes on high speed.
2. Fold-in melted butter.
3. Deposit in greased and lined pans (16 x 12 x 1” jelly roll pan – 400g batter).
4. Bake at 180°C. Cool and cut using a 2” diameter cookie cutter. Set aside.
Chocolate and Plain Mousse:
1. Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Once completely dissolved, add cold water and set aside.
2. Place remaining ingredients for mousse in a clean mixing bowl. Mix using a wire whisk on low speed for 30 seconds. Whip for an additional 30 seconds on medium speed.
3. Slowly add the gelatin mixture and continue beating for 1 minute on low speed.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and whip mousse for 2 minutes on high speed.
5. Place whipped mousse over the base layer and spread evenly. Chill for 2- 3 hours in the refrigerator.
1. Whisk all ingredients on high speed for 3 minutes.
1. Whisk Whip Brite and cold water on high speed for 5 minutes. Set aside.