How to do it:
1. Combine raisins, glazed fruits, almonds, lemon zest, nutmeg, Brite Vanilla Extra Strength, and cherry brandy. Soak for 2 hours.
2. Mix bread flour, Lecitex, Bakels Instant Yeast, fresh milk, salt, and sugar on low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add butter and Butta Butteroil Substitute and mix on high speed until developed. Ferment for 2 hours.
4. Knock down and remix together with the soaked fruit and nut mixture.
5. Rest for 10 minutes.
6. Scale to 350g. Sheet dough to 9” x 4.5” with about ¾” thickness.
7. Place 35g marzipan on the dough (slightly off-center).
8. Make a lengthwise fold leaving a 1-inch flap. Press the flap over to seal.
10. Bake at 180°C until done.
11. Brush immediately with butter after baking. Dredge in powdered sugar.
Almond Paste (Group 3):
1. Place sugar, water, and honey in a saucepan and bring to a strong boil.
2. Remove the boiling sugar from the heat and slowly pour over the almond powder while blending with a paddle until smooth.
3. Allow the almond paste to cool.
4. Knead in the butter before using the almond paste.
Marzipan (Group 4):
1. Place almond paste in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat with a paddle to break the almond paste into pieces.
3. Add half of the powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
4. Add the remaining sugar and beat until incorporated. The mixture will have the texture of coarse bread crumbs.
5. Add the honey and mix until well-combined. The mixture will still remain crumbly.
6. Place the marzipan on a clean working surface.
7. Knead until smooth.
Yield: 8.5 pieces x 350g dough