Strawberry & Cream Cheese Croissant
How to do it:
1. Choose a room with a temperature below 25C.
2. Day 1. Combine all the dough ingredients except for the cubed Dairy Blend, Apito Strawberry and food color and knead for 1 minutes, at low speed.
3. Put the dairy blend and knead for 3-4 minutes at low speed.
4. Scale 820g/ pc and French fold.
5. Rest for 6 minutes. Wrap individually and freeze overnight.
6. Add red food color & Apito Strawberry to the remaining 250g detrempe. Knead till you get a solid red color. Divide into 2, wrap and freeze overnight.
7. Day 2. Prepare the cold dairy blend on a wax paper.
8. Cover with another paper and pound butter until 18x18cm. Freeze.
9. Prepare your paton.
10. Lock in the butter and sheet. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
11. Single fold and laminate. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
12. Double book fold and laminate. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
13. Brush with eggwash & Lay in the colored detrempe.
14. Single fold and laminate. Rest in fridge overnight.
15. Day 3. Final Lamination (7mm). Cut, apply the filling & roll into croissant shape.
16. Dry proof and bake at 185C for 28-32 minutes.
Yield: 15 pieces