How to do it:
1. Combine Pettina Sponge Mix Complete, eggs and water in a mixing bowl. Mix on high speed for 5 minutes.
2. Fold in melted butter.
3. Deposit into a 9-inch diameter cake pan and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes. Let cool.
1. Prepare coffee solution by dissolving instant coffee in hot water. Let cool then add rhum and sugar. Mix well. Set aside.
1. Whisk cold water and Whip-Brite Powder in clean mixing bowl for 5 minutes at top speed.
1. Divide the cake horizontally into 3 parts. Lay the cakes on a flat tray and toast for 10 minutes at 180°C. Set aside to cool.
2. Place a layer of cake on flat surface. Spray with prepared coffee solution until saturated but not soggy.
3. Spread approximately ¼” of the whipped cream on top of the first layer.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 twice to make a three-layered tirami su. Pipe the remaining cream on the side and edges for decoration.
5. Dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder and a little coffee powder to make a nice finish.
Yield: 1 cake