Yema Strawberry Cake with Salted Egg
How to do it:
1. Mix egg yolk, sugar, oil, water, evaporated milk and Butta Vanilla together.
2. Add cake flour and Bakels baking powder and mix until smooth. Set aside the cake batter.
3. Whip egg white, sugar and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
4. Fold in one third of the egg white mixture into the batter. Then gently but thoroughly fold the remaining egg white mixture with a rubber spatula until well blended.
5. Transfer cake batter mixture into an 8-inch round pan or ring pan.
6. Bake at 180 °C for 40- 45 minutes.
Yema Filling And Icing:
1. Dissolve Bakels Bake Stable Custard Mix and evaporated milk together.
2. Combine condensed milk and egg yolk
3. Place the 2 mixture in a double boiler. Cook until the mixture thickens.
4. Using a paddle, mix the yema filling while still hot until smooth
5. Set aside.
1. Bring to boil Saphire and water.
2. Add Les Fruit Strawberry 50% and Unifil Strawberry.
3. Divide the filling equally between 2 pcs. cake rings with 8 inches diameter.
4. Place in the refrigerator until firm.
1. Slice the chiffon cake into 3 layers.
2. Put yema filling, strawberry coulis and sliced/crumbled salted egg in between each cake layer.
3. Cover the cake with yema filling then blast freeze or use a regular freezer.
4. Boil together Diamond Glaze Toffee Caramel, Saphire Neutral and water. Cool slightly and use this solution to glaze the cake.
5. Decorate the cake with fresh strawberry and sliced salted egg.
Yield: 1 cake x 8-inch diameter