Cereal and Honey Baguette
How to do it:
1. Place all ingredients in a spiral mixer.
2. Mix for 7 minutes in first speed (slow), and 9-10 minutes in second speed (fast). Note: dough temperature should be 26°C, or until the dough is fully developed. (Window Pane Test)
3. Transfer into a well-oiled container and rest for 60 minutes. (cover container with lid or plastic)
4. Divide into 305g portions, mold gently into baguette shapes, and place into the folds of a floured cotton fabric (katsa) on flat trays, or on baguette pans.
5. Dry proof (cover the dough with plastic and allow to rise at room temperature) for 90 minutes or until dough is fully proofed. (Indentation Test)
6. Using a sieve, dust with rye flour, and score 4 times.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 240°C at the top and 220°C at the bottom. Once bread is placed into the oven, reduce the temperature to 220°C at the top and 210°C at the bottom, and bake for 35 minutes (steam baking). Open the vent after 20 minutes.
Yield: 6 baguettes
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City