Sunflower and Corn Baguette
How to do it:
1. Place all ingredients into a spiral mixer.
2. Mix on low speed for 7 minutes. Shift to high speed and mix for 9 to 10 minutes, until dough is fully developed. (Membrane Test) (Dough Temperature: 26°C)
3. Rest dough in oiled container for 60 minutes. (cover container with lid or plastic)
4. Divide into 305g portions, mold gently into baguette shapes, and place into the folds of a floured cotton fabric (katsa) on flat trays, or on baguette pans.
5. Dry proof (cover the dough with plastic and allow to rise at room temperature) for 90 minutes or until dough is fully proofed. (Indentation Test)
6. Using a sieve dust with rye flour and cut 4 times.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 240°C at the top and 220°C at the bottom. Once bread is placed into the oven, reduce the temperature to 220°C at the top and 210°C at the bottom, and bake for 35 minutes (steam baking). Open the vent after 20 minutes.
Yield: 6 pcs
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City