Chia and Herb Stromboli
How to do it:
1. Mix bread flour, Bakels Chia Seed Concentrate, Bakels Country Herb Base and Bakels Instant Yeast on low speed until combined.
2. Add water and mix for 2 minutes.
3. Add Bakels Shortening and mix until fully developed at 2nd speed.
4. Round, cover and rest dough for 15-20 minutes.
5. Scale dough to 474 grams. Sheet dough to a rectangular shape about ¼ inch thick.
6. Mix Italian spaghetti sauce, cumin powder and chili powder and spread on sheeted dough leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
7. Place all other ingredients for filling on top.
8. Roll from the long side and seal the edges.
10. Make diagonal slits along the dough.
11. Apply egg wash
12. Bake at 180°C until done.
1. Using a paddle, mix cream cheese and butter on high speed for 2 minutes.
2. Apply as topping or spread after baking.
Yield: 7 logs x 5 slices