Healthy Gourmet Pizza Pockets
How to do it:
1. Mix Bakels Maize Optima, all purpose flour, Bakels Instant Active Dry Yeast and Fermdor Smoked for 30 seconds on low speed.
2. Add water and mix for 2 minutes on low speed.
3. Add olive oil and mix on high speed for 6 minutes or until developed.
4. Round dough and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Scale dough to 50g, round and rest for 5 minutes.
6. Sheet dough and place 30g filling. Fold as desired.
7. Rest for 30 minutes.
8. Bake at 220°C with steam for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
1. Sauté onion and red bell pepper. Add cabbage and glazed chicken strips. Season with thyme and black pepper.
2. Add the smoked tamarind sauce. Mix until combined.
Procedure: Fry chicken strips until golden brown. Add sugar and continue frying until the sugar turns golden brown.
**Smoked Tamarind Sauce
Procedure: Soak tamarind in hot water (1) for 30 minutes. Set aside the sieved portion. Recover the solids that remain on the sieve and soak again in hot water (2) for 30 minutes. Sieve. Heat the sieved portion and add Fermdor Smoked, and mix until the desired consistency is achieved.
Note: Smoked tamarind sauce may also be used as a dip.
Yield: 16 pieces x 50g dough