Apple Tart with Walnut Streusel
How to do it:
1. Sift Bakels Sweet Dough Blend and all purpose flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add chilled unsalted butter.
3. Cut unsalted butter into flour mixture until fat particles are the size of peas or hazelnuts.
4. Add cold water to flour mixture. Mix very gently, just until water is absorbed.
5. Slightly knead the dough. Do not over knead the dough.
6. Form dough into ball and cover with plastic film. Rest dough inside the chiller for 1 hour.
7. Dust the working bench with flour and roll out the dough to 3 mm thickness. Avoid too much dusting flour.
8. Place the dough into the pan. Press the corners without stretching the dough.
9. Prick dough with fork to release trapped air between the dough and the pan.
10. Trim off excess dough and flute or crimp the edges as desired.
11. Bake at 180°C for 15 – 20 mins. Cool and fill with cooled filling.
1. Cream sugar and cream cheese for 10 mins.
2. Add eggs and Kirsch.
3. Pour ¼ cup Bakels Dark Chocolate Fudge into the mixture and mix.
4. Swirl remaining ¼ cup Bakels Dark Chocolate Fudge and Les Fruits Red Cherries Filling.
5. Pour into the pre-baked crust.
6. Bake for 40-55 mins at 135°C (275°F).