Artisan Pocket Bread
How to do it:
1. Mix poolish ingredients and ferment for 24-48 hours in refrigerator temperature.
2. Combiine dough ingredients to the poolish dough and mix until fully developed.
3. Divide the dough into 60 grams each, rest for 10- 15 minutes.
4. Flatten the dough into oval shape using a rolling pin.
5. Spread small amount of oil on dough surface and fold into half.
6. Proof until double in size. Put egg wash on top of the dough.
7. Bake at 180 °C for 20 minutes.
8. Put desired filling.
1. Mix beef, Worcestershire, oyster sauce and garlic in a bowl. Let stand for 10- 15 minutes.
2. Add the oil and marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the chiller.
3. Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Stir fry marinated beef until cooked to desired doneness.
4. Add refrigerated margarine and stir until melted.
5. Cool and use as filling (approximately 95 grams for each 60-g dough).
1. Deep fry tofu until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Saute garlic and add chopped pechay. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add fried tofu and season with oyster sauce.
4. Cool and use as filling (approximately 100 g for each 60-g dough).
Yield: 42 pieces x 60g dough