Red Velvet Truffles
How to do it:
1. Blend Group 1 on low speed for 1 minute.
2. Scrape down. Blend on medium speed for 5 minutes.
3. Shift to low speed and blend for 1 minute.
4. Deposit 400-g batter in a 9” round cake pan.
5. Bake at 180°C for approximately 30 minutes or until done.
6. Set aside and let it cool.
7. Blend cream cheese on low speed for 3 minutes.
8. Tear the cooled cake to pieces and add the cream cheese. Mix with a fork until marbled in appearance.
9. Place in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 3-5 minutes.
10. Using hands or an ice cream scoop, mold cake into balls. Set aside.
11. Melt Fino Dark Chocolate Buttons in a double boiler.
12. Add oil and Bakels Alkalized Cocoa Powder until the consistency and texture becomes smooth.
13. Dip cake balls into melted chocolate.
14. Chill overnight in the refrigerator and serve. The truffles may be kept for 1 month in the refrigerator.
Yield: 20 pieces x 50g