Sponge & Dough Loaf Bread
How to do it:
1. Mix bread flour, Bakels Instant Yeast and water for 4 minutes at low speed. Desired temperature is 23°C.
2. Place sponge in a bowl, cover and rest for 4 hours at room temperature.
3. Mix fermented sponge and bread flour, Lecitex Bread Improver, milk, water, salt, sugar and invert syrup for 2 minutes at low speed.
4. Add Bakels Shortening and mix for 5 minutes at high speed. Maintain a dough temperature of 26°C.
5. Divide dough into 400g pieces, round, cover and rest for 10 minutes.
6. Mold into loaf shape and place in greased loaf pans.
7. Proof for approximately 1½ hours.
8. Bake at 180°C for 23 minutes.
Yield: 2 x 400-g dough