Choco-Coffee Pastel Bun
How to do it:
1. Combine bread flour, all purpose flour, Bakels Sweet Dough Blend, Bakels Instant Yeast, sugar, Fino Potato Flakes and Bakels Alkalized Cocoa Powder in a mixing bowl. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
2. Dissolve Apito Chocolate Paste in water. Add evaporated milk, egg yolk and Apito Chocolate Paste solution. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add butter. Mix on high speed for 5 minutes or until developed.
4. Scale to 40-g pieces. Round and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Put filling in each dough and seal.
6. Place the dough in a pastel tin.
8. Bake at 180°C until done.
1. Combine Bakels Bake-Stable Custard Mix and cold water in a mixing bowl. Mix with a wire whisk on high speed for 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a non-stick pan, combine butter, egg yolk, condensed milk and Apito Expresso Paste. Mix until partially thick. Cook while stirring continuously.
3. Add custard mixture until very thick.
Yield: 27 x 40g