Choco-Orange Butternut Ensaymada
How to do it:
1. Combine all-purpose flour, sugar, Bakels Sweet Dough Blend, Bakels Instant Yeast, Monofresh Plus, buttermilk, Fino Potato Flakes, Bakels Margarine Special and Bakels Alkalized Cocoa Powder in a mixing bowl. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
2. Dissolve Apito Chocolate Paste in water. Add Apito Chocolate-water solution and egg yolks. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add Bakels Margarine Special and mix on high speed for 5 minutes or until developed.
4. Scale to 70g. Round and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Roll dough into long, thin logs. Flatten slightly and distribute filling along the length of the dough. Roll and seal.
6. Mold into ensaymada shape.
7. Dip in prepared topping and place in fluted tins.
9. Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
1. Combine Orange Cream, skimmed milk and buttermilk in a mixing bowl.
2. Blend with a paddle on low speed until well-combined.
1. Combine desiccated coconut and powdered sugar in a bowl. Mix with a spoon until well-combined.
2. Add Orange Cream and cut through the fat-based filling with a fork. Continue cutting hrough and mixing until coarse, uniform particles are formed.
3. Add Apito Orange Paste and mix well with a spoon until almost uniform in color.
4. Transfer the mixture on a flat sheet and distribute it evenly (as thin as possible).
5. Bake for 2-3 minutes to dry it out.
6. Cool and sift.
Yield: 34 pieces x 70g dough