Meal Bread Infused with Pesto Base
How to do it:
Fino Meal Dough:
1. Soak Fino Meal Base in water. Set aside.
2. Dissolve salt, sugar, and molasses in water.
3. Mix bread flour, Hollandia Instant Yeast, Lecitem Supreme, soaked Fino Meal Base and sugar/salt/molasses solution for 2 minutes on low speed.
4. Add Brittex, shift to high speed and mix until completely developed.
5. Round, cover and rest dough.
6. Scale dough into 200 grams, round and rest for 10 minutes.
Pesto Bread Dough:
1. Dissolve salt and sugar in water.
2. Mix bread flour, Hollandia Instant Yeast, Lecitem Supreme and sugar/salt solution for 2 minutes on low speed.
3. Add Brittex and continue mixing for about 6 minutes or until dough is 90% developed.
4. Add Bakels Pesto Base and continue mixing for another 2 minutes or until fully developed.
5. Scale into 200 grams, round and rest for 10 minutes.
To combine the dough:
1. With a rolling pin, separately sheet the Fino Meal dough and Pesto Base dough into oblong shape about the same size and form.
2. Place the Pesto Base dough on top of the Fino Meal dough and mold into loaf bread shape, sealing edges tightly.
3. Deposit into a greased loaf pan (open top) and proof.
4. Bake at 180°C for 25 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 8.72 x 400g (combined dough)