How to do it:
1. Sift cake flour and Bakels Baking Powder together, stir in sugar (1) and salt.
2. Add vegetable oil, egg yolks, coconut milk and Apito Pandan Paste. Mix until smooth.
3. Whip egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peak.
4. Add sugar (2) gradually and beat until stiff.
5. Fold eggyolk mixture into eggwhite mixture gently with rubber scraper until well-blended.
6. Pour the batter into a jelly roll pan.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done. Let cool.
8. Cut the cake into two. Spread butter cream on top of one layer. Put the other layer on top then spread the remaining pandan butter cream.
Pandan Butter Cream:
1. Dissolve sugar, evaporated milk (or water) and Apito Pandan Paste over medium heat, stirring constantly until welldissolved. Remove from heat.
2. Cream butter until light and creamy. Gradually add milk mixture into butter while creaming. Continue beating until smooth.
Yield: 1 round cake