Soft Local Brioche
How to do it:
1. Place Apito Soft Donut Mix, Bakels Sweet Dough Blend, egg yolk, evaporated milk, water, and Bakels Instant Active Dry Yeast in a spiral mixer. Mix for 2 minutes on low speed. Add Bakels Dairy
Blend, shift to high speed and develop dough thoroughly (approximately 8-10 minutes).
2. Allow the dough to recover for 35 minutes (bulk fermentation).
3. Divide and scale into 90-g pieces. Round and let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. Flatten the dough while generously incorporating softened Dairy Blend and roll. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Stretch and shape into Ensaymada and put in prepared mold.
6. Proof for 45-55 minutes then bake at 170°C. Cool down.
7. For the topping, make an English buttercream by creaming the butter and powdered sugar till soft and fluffy. Brush with buttercream and generously top with grated cheeses.
Yield: 20 pieces
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City