Isla de Manzanas
How to do it:
1. Place bread flour, Bakels Sweet Dough Blend, Bakels Instant Yeast, Fino Potato Flakes and water in mixing bowl and mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
2. Add Bakels Margarine and mix on high speed for 5 minutes or until 80%developed.
3. Add Bakels Country Herb Base and mix until developed.
4. Scale to 50g dough weight. Round and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll out and flatten three sides of the dough to form a triangle.
6. Scoop out 25g filling and dredge in Fino Potato Flakes or all purpose flour (to absorb
excess oil). Place onto the center of the dough.
7. Seal the dough by rolling up the sides to cover the filling.
8. Insert a wooden toothpick at the center to seal the sides.
9. Deposit on greased flat sheets.
10. Proof until ready.
11. Bake at 200°C for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Apply glaze.
1. Bring to boil water and Saphire Neutral. Add chili powder if desired.
2. Brush on dough.
1. Combine La Pomme Apple 16/2, pre-drained spicy tuna flakes, pre-blanched sliced red and green bell peppers and red onion.
2. Refrigerate for easy portioning.
Yield: 37 pieces x 50g dough