Salted Egg Round Croissant
How to do it:
1. Prepare salted egg filling, melt butter and set aside. Mash salted egg yolks and add cooled melted butter.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk Bakels Bake Stable Custard Mix and water. Whisk in egg yolk and butter mixture. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Add dry ingredients in a spiral mixer and mix for 30 seconds on low speed.
4. Add cold water and mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
5. Add shortening and mix on high speed until partiall developed.
6. Rest dough in the chiller for 15 minutes. Prepare layering fat.
7. Sheet and add layering fat and do a French fold. Chill for 10 minutes.
8. Create 3 single folds and chill for 10 minutes in between folds.
9. For the final sheeting, sheet the dough at 4 mm. Rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
10.Re-mix salted egg filling and place in a piping bag.
11. Cut the dough to long triangular shapes.
12. Pipe the salted egg mixture. Roll the croissants and round inside a greased cupcake tray.
13. Proof for 30-40 minutes.
14. Brush with eggwash.
15. Bake at 200C. Inject steam. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
16. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Yield: 25 pieces