Mango Strawberry Pie
How to do it:
1. Sift Bakels Sweet Dough Blend and all purpose flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Add diced unsalted butter.
3. Cut unsalted butter into flour mixture until fat particles are pea-sized.
4. Add cold water to flour mixture. Mix very gently, just until water is absorbed.
5. Slightly knead the dough. Do not overknead.
6. Form dough into a ball and cover with plastic film. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. Dust the work bench with flour and roll out the dough to 3mm thickness. Avoid too much dusting flour.
8. Cut the right size of the dough by using the 18-cm ring mold. Place the dough inside the ring mold and weigh it down with mongo beans.
9. Bake at 180° for 20-25 minutes.
1. Combine Bakels Bake-Stable Custard Mix and cold water in a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk on high speed for 3 minutes.
3. Fold in Les Fruits Strawberry 50% and Unifil Strawberry.
1. Beat Bakels Whipping Cream on high speed for 3 minutes.
2. Replace paddle with a wire whisk. Gradually add water while mixing on high speed for 5 minutes or until desired volume and consistency are achieved.
1. Pipe strawberry custard on the prepared crust. Leave about a half-inch border.
2. Top the custard with mango balls and fresh strawberries.
3. Pipe star borders on the edge of the crust using whipped-up Bakels Whipping Cream.
4. Brush the fresh fruits with Diamond Glaze Neutral. Sprinkle toasted and chopped pistachios on top.
Yield: 2 pies x 18 cm diameter